There are many Bluehost reviews out there explaining what’s on offer on the platform. While my review does a similar thing, I also go a bit deeper into the advantages of using Bluehost for web hosting and how it can help you with your online business, blog or even eCommerce store. There is more to Bluehost than just web hosting at cheap prices.
Company Name: Bluehost
Price To Join: Starting At $2.95/Month
My Rating: 8.5/10
~ Bluehost Reviews ~
My website is primarily about helping people find ways to make money online and avoid online scams in the process. For this reason I write a lot of product reviews.
Generally to make a decent income on the internet you’ll need a website, and a reliable and affordable platform to host that site on.
Usually I promote a training platform called Wealthy Affiliate that not only teaches affiliate marketing, but also offers hosting as part of the deal.
I understand everyone isn’t looking for affiliate marketing training as well as hosting, so my next favourite hosting platform that offers some awesome prices for hosting packages is the team at Bluehost.
It’s great to see you here reading this review, as it’s always wise to do some research before joining anything.
I’m an affiliate of Bluehost, and a part of their terms and conditions for being an affiliate of their platform is transparency. This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you join Bluehost and buy a hosting package, I make a small commission at no additional cost to you. The commission is paid by Bluehost and the price of their web hosting packages is the same whether you purchase through an affiliate link or not.
Looking To Start a Blog or Business Website?
Whether you just want to run a personal blog, an affiliate blog or website, or start an online business that obviously requires a website, these are the most common reasons to be searching for a decent, reliable, secure and affordable web hosting package.
What you’re reading now is my affiliate marketing blog. So it’s kind of a cross between a blog and a business website. I don’t host this site on Bluehost as it’s hosted on the other platform I mentioned earlier – Wealthy Affiliate.
If I wasn’t a part of the Wealthy Affiliate platform, its training and community (which includes hosting in the price of membership), then I would be seeking the very best hosting I could find for my blog at a cost that’s fair and affordable.
No matter what your goals are with your website, you need hosting that’s secure, and you want to hook up with a company that has been around for a while. The last thing you want to do is set up hosting with a new hosting platform, get your site established, only to discover one day your site is permanently offline because the new web host went out of business.
Bluehost has been providing quality web hosting services since 2003, so you will have peace of mind that your host won’t be vanishing like a mist in the night. Bluehost is definitely here to stay.
Currently over 2 million websites are successfully hosted on the platform.
Installing WordPress Is Easy On Bluehost
WordPress is the most popular content management system on the planet. Around 30% (or almost one third) of all websites you see online are created with and powered by WordPress.
It’s what I use for all my websites.
Because it’s so easy to use. You don’t need to be a coder. Anyone can create stunning looking websites with WordPress by simply installing any one of 1000s a free or paid WordPress themes. Building a site is so easy, especially if you follow some simple training.
There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you how to build amazing WordPress sites with no tech skills or coding required. Some themes even come with specialist site builders that give you so many options for layouts, images and so on.
When you get a hosting package on Bluehost, installing WordPress happens at the mere click of a button. It’s just so easy. You’ll be up and running and ready to start creating your very own online piece of real estate – your website – within mere seconds.
What About Domain Names?
You can’t host a website without first getting yourself your own unique domain name. The domain of my website is “laptopfreedomliving.com”.
The great thing about Bluehost and their hosting packages is they include a free domain name registration for the first year when you buy a brand new hosting package on their platform.
While your domain name doesn’t have to be exactly the same as whatever name you want to call your website, the most closely related you can get it to your site name, the better it is for branding and making it easier to remember.
Although there are so many choices for domain name extensions these days, in my opinion a dot com domain extension still looks more professional for business websites. It’s not absolutely necessary though.
If you can get a short domain name, it’s better, but with so many domain names now taken, often this isn’t a possibility if you want your domain to somewhat resemble the name of your business or website.
You need to choose and claim a domain name before you can get started making your website. And like I said, most Bluehost packages will include a free domain name for the first year when you’re a new customer.
The Bluehost Web Hosting Overview
As I mentioned earlier in this review, Bluehost was founded back in 2003, so they are a long time player in the industry. They know their stuff and currently host more than 2 million websites worldwide.
The company has more than 750 staff members around the world, offering customer support, technical support, and keeping the systems up to date and secure.
One of the things Bluehost is renowned for is extremely affordable web hosting. A lot of people think of companies like Hostgator or GoDaddy when it comes to cheap hosting, but Bluehost has really taken a firm grip on a decent market share in recent years.
Bluehost’s prices are very comparable with these other popular hosting sites and in many ways you get a much better service provider for your money.
In fact, the company has really been leading the way with technological advances and innovation, particularly in the areas of cloud hosting and open source scripts.
Because WordPress is in such demand as a way to build awesome looking websites, Bluehost even offers dedicated WordPress hosting that is tailor made for this CMS.
WordPress has it’s own unique requirements for websites built with it to perform at their best and load fast (an important Google ranking factor), so it only makes sense to create specialised hosting designed to handle a WordPress environment.
Even the WordPress company rates Bluehost’s dedicated WordPress hosting as the best in the business.
What Are Some of the Benefits of Hosting With Bluehost?
Everything has its positives and negatives, and we’ll cover both in this review. It has to be said that Bluehost has way more benefits than it does cons though, and we’ll briefly cover just some of those benefits here.
I’ll list these in bullet points for quick and easy reference:
- WordPress rates Bluehost as the #1 hosting service provider for WordPress websites
- They offer high tech cloud hosting
- All support is available 24/7/365, whether it be tech support, customer support, live chat or training
- Bluehost guarantee a site uptime of 99.99%
- Their servers are fast for lightning fast page loading speeds
- Bluehost have hosting packages that range from budget priced shared hosting, right through to highly sophisticated dedicated hosting
- Top of the line website security and site stability
- You can cancel your hosting within 30 days and get a refund
- The very latest cPanel interface is included with their hosting
- One on one training is available to get your website up and running fast
- A free domain name is available when you purchase a new hosting package
- You can upgrade to a higher performing hosting package at any time, effortlessly and seamlessly
- You can purchase additional domain names directly through the Bluehost platform
- Your website is backed up daily on their servers for your security and peace of mind
These are just some of the key benefits and advantages to hosting your website on the Bluehost platform.
Some Things I Don’t Like
As I said before, nothing on the internet is perfect in every way, and Bluehost is no exception to that rule. There are some things about this hosting platform that I consider cons, so let’s take a look at what they are.
- Their shared hosting packages can suffer in performance due to the sheer number of websites sharing those servers
- If you want to move your website from another host to Bluehost, you have to pay a fee to migrate the site over. Other hosting companies offer this as a free service and incentive to get your business
- To get the cheapest prices they advertise you have to commit to a 36 month hosting deal, all paid for in advance
The Bluehost Web Hosting Packages and Prices
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans to suit everyone’s requirements, from the weekend blogger right through to huge businesses and eCommerce stores.
At a glance you can get:
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Specialised WordPress Hosting
When viewing the prices I quote here, please keep in mind that Bluehost changes its prices regularly. Not by much, but their cheapest hosting package seems to fluctuate all the time. Most of the other plans remain the same.
- Basic: $2.95 per Month – With this you get to host 1 website, 50Gb web space, a free domain name and up to 5 email accounts. Free SSL Certificate included.
- Plus: $5.95 per Month – With this shared plan you can host an unlimited number of websites and have no restriction on web space or data usage. You also get a free domain name and SSL Certificate.
- Choice Plus: $5.95 per Month – This is all the same as the Plus plan, except you get added site security tossed into the deal.
- Go Pro: $13.95 per Month – Everything Choice Plus offers, plus high performance servers for overall faster site performance.
These hosting plans are very similar to the standard ones mentioned above for Shared Hosting, but performance is enhanced. There are 3 hosting plans available:
- Starter: $6.95 per Month
- Performance: $8.95 per Month
- Business Pro: $15.95 per Month
VPS Hosting means you get to have your website hosted on your very own virtual private server. This means more security, stability and speed for your website with all the resources you could ever need.
VPS Hosting is suitable for large sites that require a more robust and powerful hosting environment.
There are three packages available and the prices for each are listed below:
- Standard: $19.99 per Month
- Enhanced: $29.99 per Month
- Ultimate: $59.99 per Month
This is really the ultimate in website hosting with the absolute best performance you could hope for. Dedicated hosting also offers a higher degree of site security and control.
Once again there are 3 hosting plans available and their current prices are listed below:
- Standard: $79.99 per Month
- Enhanced: $99.99 per Month
- Premium: $119.99 per Month
Specialised WordPress Hosting
Dedicated WordPress Hosting starts at a mere $2.95 per month.
See below for the options for Optimized WordPress Hosting:
- WP Standard: $19.99 per Month
- WP Enhanced: $29.99 per Month
- WP Premium: $39.99 per Month
- WP Ultimate: $49.99 per Month
eCommerce Hosting Plans
There are 3 plans dedicated to he secure hosting of eCommerce websites and these are:
- Starter: $6.95 per Month
- Plus: $8.95 per Month
- Pro: $12.95 per Month
When it comes to web hosting for all requirements – personal or business – Bluehost really is the innovator in both technology and affordable prices.
If you are looking to get started online, you really can’t go wrong with hosting your website on Bluehost’s secure and lightning fast servers.
They are really hard to beat on price, especially at the lower end of the hosting scale.
No matter what your hosting needs, give Bluehost a try. With their money back guarantee you’ve got nothing to lose.