Is Proofread Anywhere a scam, or will you learn how to make a great income online as a proofreader? I’ve been seeing mentions of this platform a lot lately, so I decided to take a closer look at it to see if it’s worthwhile or not.
Read on to find out the truth about Proofread Anywhere….
Company Name: Proofread Anywhere
Owner: Caitlin Pyle
Price To Join: $77 To Start
My Rating: 8/10
~ Proofread Anywhere Reviews ~
What’s so awesome about the internet is it’s opened the doors to so many ready and accessible money making opportunities. Whether you’re just looking for a little extra spending money, or want to forge an online career, it’s all there to be done.
Many people were talking online about this proofreading training program that promises you can earn good dollars, so I thought I’d take a look at what’s on offer and write a review.
This website of mine focuses a lot on writing reviews of make money products and training, to see what’s good and what should be avoided. Not only does it help out my readers, but even myself as well.
I’m glad you’re here and reading this review, as it means you’re wise and do some research before signing up for anything. With so many make money scams and dodgy schemes online, that’s always a good idea.
My aim is to help people find the good stuff while avoiding the bad stuff.
Let’s see how Proofread Anywhere rates overall.
Discover how I make a fulltime living online. Click below…
Why Proofreading Is Important
Proofreading is required for anything that is written, whether it be an article for a webpage, a book, a radio script and so many other things. It’s all about finding typos, grammar mistakes and just ensuring nice readability and accuracy.
If nothing was ever proofread, we’d be reading material with lots of errors, which can be majorly distracting.
Another key thing to remember with proofreading is that it’s always hard to proofread your own work, because you already know what it’s supposed to say and can easily miss mistakes. That makes a good, independent proofreader an invaluable asset that’s often worth paying for.
What Is Proofread Anywhere?
Caitlin Pyle is the creator of Proofread Anywhere, which she advertises on her blog. Caitlin offers 2 different proofreading courses:
- General proofreading
- Transcription proofreading
Whether you’re a freelancer living the laptop lifestyle who is looking to add another string to their income earning bow, or you would like to get into proofreading fulltime, then these courses might be right up your alley.
It could also suit stay at home parents, college students, retirees, or anyone looking to make some cash in their spare time.
It’s not a bad work from home opportunity if you can get the work and it pays well enough.
That’s what Caitlin’s course is designed to teach you, and once you’ve completed one of the courses you’ll be a professional proofreader equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills.
You could even start up your very own proofreading business, if you want to take your freelancing one step further, or don’t fancy simply working for somebody as a proofreader.
You’ll also learn how to market your new proofreading skills, as without proper marketing, no one will know you exist.
Along with proofreading and earning an income that way, if you enjoy writing, another way you can earn a good income online is with affiliate marketing. Click here to learn more.
So Just Who Is Caitlin Pyle?
The very reason Caitlin is qualified to create a proofreading course that works is because she’s been an avid and professional proofreader herself since 2007. She has even been featured in the following prominent business journals:
- The Penny Hoarder
- Business Insider
Caitlin enjoys the freedom lifestyle, or what many call the laptop lifestyle. As most of the work she’s done over the years has been online and she can work from anywhere, she hasn’t been tied to a job or a particular location.
While enjoying such a free and abundant lifestyle, Caitlin decided to create her proofreading courses with the promise of others being able to live the same awesome lifestyle that she enjoys.
She doesn’t claim her course will make people rich, or that you’ll be raking in cash overnight, but rather that if you follow what she teaches, you too can soon be living a better lifestyle with your proofreading earnings.
Obviously you’ll need to put the work into learning and getting business for that to happen.
The Proofread Anywhere Courses
As I already mentioned before, Caitlin is offering two versions of her proofreading course:
- General proofreading
- Transcription proofreading
Using her own extensive experience and expertise in the industry, Caitlin has tailored these two courses to give participants the very best chance of earning money as a proofreader.
The Transcript course taps into Caitlin’s experience where she worked in the court reporting industry, a career which commenced in 2009.
Let’s now take a look at each course in more detail.
The General Proofreading course is a combination of both proofreading theory and practice. There are 8 modules in all with a total of 40 individual lessons. It’s a smaller course than the Transcript Proofreading course, but still really good and very informative.
Here’s a brief snap shot of what’s inside:
- Module 1 – Intro
- Module 2 – Proofreading mindset
- Module 3 – Basics
- Module 4 – Methods and practice
- Module 5 – Making a business out of it
- Module 6 – Job searching
- Module 7 – Dealing with clients after you get a job
- Module 8 – Getting the most out of the freelance life
Everything you need to know is covered in the general course, with an emphasis on being able to live the freedom lifestyle of a freelancer.
This course is less technical than the transcript one and has a much shorter learning curve. However, Transcript Proofreading seems to be Caitlin’s more popular course out of the two.
You also get support, lifetime course updates and access to the private Facebook networking group.
You will be equipped to successfully proofread books, blogs, articles, anything where the written word is involved, basically. Everyone needs proofreaders.
The Transcript Proofreading course in more technical and in-depth than the general one and requires a steeper learning curve.
Let’s quickly take a peek at what’s inside this one:
- Level 1: Beginner Basecamp – This is basically an introduction to transcript proofreading and court reporting. Caitlin goes over the skills required, what’s involved and how the job works. There is a total of 7 units in Level 1.
- Level 2: Jumpstart – This level covers things like transcript errors and formatting, medical terms and legal jargon, as well as using the correct punctuation for transcription. You need to score at least 80 or more on the skills test before you can advance further with the course.
- Level 3: Next Steps – You have a total of 60 days to complete the three modules that comprise Level 3. You will learn the 4 methods of correcting transcripts. There is a checklist to work with to help you out. The difficulty levels vary and you’ll actually get to mark up some transcripts for practice and assessment.
- Level 4: Launch and Earn – This level will teach you how to launch and market your transcript proofreading business and start earning money. But you must first pass your final exam. You’ll also discover how to properly communicate with court reporters and agencies.
So, the Transcript Proofreading course sounds pretty detailed, more detailed than what I’ve laid out above. It really is a very professional course that’ll have you fully equipped to handle transcript proofreading successfully.
The target market for these proofreading courses is pretty broad, although I believe it’ll take a certain kind of person to be able to focus on the various forms of proofreading for extended time periods.
I don’t think everyone and anyone could do it.
Caitlin is definitely targeting people who are looking for a home-based business online, perhaps those who like to travel and want to earn money along the way.
If you want to live the freedom lifestyle, then this might be something to seriously consider looking into.
What I Like
- Caitlin Pyle has many years experience both in general proofreading and transcript proofreading
- Her 2 courses are laid out in a logical sequence and cover everything you need to know to be a successful freelance proofreader
- You may even seek regular paid employment by participating in these courses and gaining knowledge and credentials
- Caitlin lives the freedom lifestyle that she claims being a proofreader can give you
- The general feedback online about Proofread Anywhere is very positive
What I Don’t Like and Red Flags
- To be honest I couldn’t really find anything negative about this, except maybe the prices being a little high. Also, with the Transcript Proofreading course, you pay per level and have a time limit for completion
How Much Does Proofread Anywhere Cost?
Okay, this is the bottom line. What does it cost to participate in the Proofread Anywhere courses?
Let’s take a look.
- General Proofreading Course – This one will set you back $497. There is the option to pay $597 if you want the integrated exams in a certificate of completion.
- Transcript Proofreading Course – The total cost of this course is $1174. You can either pay in full upfront, or pay as you do each level. It works like this: level 1 = $77; Level 2 = $197; Level 3 = $400; Level 4 = $500.
It may sound pricey, but many people swear by what they’ve learnt with the courses, so likely the price tag is offset by the kind of money you can earn once you’ve completed the course and are up and running.
Is Proofread Anywhere a Scam Or Legit?
Proofread Anywhere is definitely a legitimate training program, put together by an industry expert who enjoys living the laptop lifestyle of time and money freedom.
Caitlin not only wants to pass on her skills and knowledge to course participants so they can earn a good income. She also has a strong desire to promote the awesome kind of lifestyle you can live when you do what she does.
I don’t think the task of proofreading is for everyone, especially the more technical transcription proofreading, but if you’re detail-oriented and don’t mind that kind of thing, then this could be the doorway to a better quality of life and a brand new career.
Might be worth a try.
Copy How I Make Passive Income Online!
Of course there is some money to be made as a proofreader if you can get the work, but it’s not likely to ever make you rich. However, proofreading can be just one online income stream.
If you want to work from home on the internet, where you set your own hours and have no limit on your income potential, then do as millions of other people do (myself included) and try affiliate marketing as another income stream online.
One important thing to keep in mind is that affiliate marketing costs hardly anything to do and is a really simple process.
You can earn a part-time income, aim for a fulltime income, or potentially even make a killing with it if you’re committed to it and shown how.
What I love about it is the lifestyle it gives you (just like with the proofreading). It’s the true definition of the laptop lifestyle, where you can work from anywhere and earn residual and passive income – the best kind.
I’ve written a make money online guide to help my readers get started and learn more. If you have a spare few minutes, hit the banner below and have a read of it.
The guide explains how affiliate marketing works and how you can make money with it. I also cover some of the great things about having an online business, as well as talk about the great training I recommend that shows you how to do it right.
I did this training myself, so I know first-hand that it works. Best part is, you can get started for FREE!